Monday, April 9, 2018

Thinking Skill: Analyzing Perspectives Porposal

          My project topic is Human Behavior.

Thinking Skill: Analyzing Perspectives


          My proposal is I would like to explore the topics of human behavior. In my first project I would like to explore the perspectives of Americans and what they prioritize. I want to do a painting that includes lots of symbolism  of the priority that Americans have and how superficial they are compared to problems in third world countries.I really like the British cartoonist Steve Bell because of his very colorful and exaggerated art works such as the illustration he had done of President George Bush after the Gulf war. He uses irony and takes advantage of background objects to help tell his opinions on a certain topic. I would like to take advantage of ironic situations to capture perspectives of Americans on different types of issues and how they prioritize them.


     
          This was a 2016 cartoon done by Steve Bell making a parody of Donald Trump's feature on the cover of Time Magazine. I would like to incorporate extreme exaggerations to emphasize different points of view. I don't want it to be like a political cartoon with words and would like to challenge myself in getting my point across without using words.













Some points that I am researching [I want to include these topics in my painting]: 
 I would like to compare the struggles of people in other countries and struggles of people in this America.

*Child labor in Congo mining for cobalt
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cobalt-children-mining-democratic-republic-congo-cbs-news-investigation/
          I plan on using this information to include the horrors of these young children have to go though and compare it to the perspective an American teen would have and show how both seems like the end of the world yet their problems are very very different.

* Human Trafficking in India 
in India, there are 16 million victims of human trafficking, 10 million of them are victims of sexual exploitation. The average age of a girl being pulled into prostitution in India is between 9 and 13 years. 
https://www.theindianpanorama.news/other-stories/spotlight-women-gender-equality-human-trafficking/

* Yemen- Women are not allowed to be independent and are not allowed to make any decisions by themselves, important decisions such as marriage, receiving health care, are up to her male guardian. They don't have rights to divorce or to have custody of their children. There is no legal minimum marriage age in Yemen and 52% of girls in Yemen are married before age 18.
https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/worst-places-woman-yemen-congo-saudi-arabia/

No comments:

Post a Comment